It is possible to do exercises at home, despite being in quarantine. You can workout and feel great as you would at the gym. Here are a few exercises. FYI: These exercises are great for beginners as well!
Time: 20 minutes
Good for: total body
Instructions: For a full workout, choose five to six moves below. Complete the indicated number of reps, then continue immediately to the next move. Rest for one minute, then repeat the entire circuit one to three times to keep your heart rate up and burn calories while you build muscle.
- How to: Start lying on back with arms and legs extended and on the floor. Raise arms and legs leaving just bra line and lower back on mat so body looks like a banana. Hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds then lower back down and continue to you next move.
- How to: Start on all fours with shins and palms flat on mat. Step feet back to balance on balls of feet creating a straight line from heels through the top of head. Gaze should be slightly in front of hands. Spread shoulder blades wide on back, tighten abs, quads, glutes, and hold for 30 to 60 seconds before continuing to your next move.
- How to: Start by lying on right side with left foot on top of right, toes and heels lined up, right forearm on mat, elbow under shoulder and palm flat, fingers spread, left hand on hip. Engage obliques and lift hips up until body forms a straight line from head to heels. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat on the other side then continue to your next move.
- How to: Start lying on back with legs extended and arms by sides, both on mat. In one movement, lift upper body, arms, and legs, coming to balance on tailbone, forming a “V” shape with body. Lower body back down. That’s one rep. Perform as many reps as possible in 45 seconds, then rest for 15 seconds and continue to your next move.
- How to: Start lying down on back with hands behind head, shoulder blades off mat, legs lifted and bent at 90 degrees, and gaze at thighs. Engage abs and rotate right elbow toward left knee while extending right leg to straight in air. Return to start and repeat on the other side. That’s one rep. Complete 30 reps, alternating sides then continue to your next move.
- How to: Start lying on back with arms extended over chest and legs raised at a 90-degree angle from the floor, toes pointed. Engage core and lift upper body off mat to tap ankles or feet with fingers without moving lower body. Return to start. That’s one rep. Complete 30 reps then continue to your next move.
- How to: Start lying on back with hands by sides and feet lifted off the ground at 45-degree angle, toes pointed. Push down into arms and pull knees into chest until hips lift off mat. Slowly return to start. That’s one rep. Complete 10 reps. Continue to your next move.
- How to: Start in a plank position. Drive right knee toward chest, return to a plank and quickly repeat with left knee. That’s one rep. Do as many as possible in 30 seconds then continue to your next move.
- How to: Start lying on back with hands at sides and legs raised in the air at a 45-degree angle, feet flexed. Swiftly scissor legs up and down a few inches in opposite directions without lifting lower back off mat. Continue for 30 seconds then move on to your next exercise.
- How to: Start seated, upper body leaned back until abs are engaged, legs lifted and bent at 90 degrees, arms bent, hands clasped, and elbows wide, torso rotated to right side so that right elbow is hovering off mat. Keep lower body still while rotating upper body to left side. Return to start. Gaze follows hands. That’s one rep. Complete 10 reps.
- Image Credits Go To Kathryn Wirsing
Workouts found from; https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/g30272452/exercises-at-home/?slide=14