Holiday festivities are filled with family, friends, and amazing food that can often lead you to feeling satisfied yet bloated after the fact. It is okay to indulge in the celebrations and buttery goodness that is the food, as long as you get back on track afterwards. Follow this five-day plan to kick start your healthy living after this summer’s holidays.
1. Anti-inflammatory foods: Combat harmful inflammation from sugar, dairy, and alcohol with ample fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, spices and quality fats (such as avocado, nuts, and seeds).
2. Fat + fiber + protein: Make sure this trifecta appears in your meals to keep your blood sugar balanced and your stomach satiated, so you don’t continue to overeat.
3. Hydration: Start each day with a glass of filtered water plus the juice of half of a lemon. Continue drinking water and herbal teas throughout the day, and coconut water after exercising.
4. Exercise: Get back into your usual fitness routine, or commit to at least 30 minutes a day of something that gets your heart rate going.
5. Balance: This meal plan is packed with flavorful dishes, including nightly treats, so you look forward to each day instead of feeling deprived. If you happen to stray off course, be gentle with yourself and remember that every meal is a new opportunity for your health.
Share the post "Post Holiday Detox"