Summer is the season to soak up the sun and submerge your skin in the salty ocean waves. But many of these fun summer activities dry out or damage your skin. Always remember to always apply sunscreen to avoid wrinkles and sun spots, your future self will thank you. If you are looking for an easy and natural remedy to rejuvenate your skin, we suggest a coffee and coconut oil body scrub. Coffee and coconut oil are rich in antioxidants, which are extremely beneficial to skin. The caffeine in the coffee firms and tightens skin, and is rumored to help with cellulite.
Coffee Body Scrub
- 1 Cup Ground Organic Coffee
- 1 Cup Organic Sugar or Salt – Where to buy Organic Sugar and Salt
- 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Oil – Where to buy Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla (optional) – make your own
Melt coconut oil and allow it to cool but not solidify. Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container or mason jar. Use 1-2 times a week (or everyday if you like). The coffee and sugar will exfoliate your skin and the coconut oil will leave your skin soft and moisturized.